第五個禮拜 (The fifth week)

我的朋友們 (My friends) ,

Well another week at the MTC has gone by. It has been a bit of a struggle. Last Wednesday, me and my comp 董 長老 (Elder Donalson) made a promise with one of our investigators that if he kept the Law of Chastity, we would not eat meat for 1 week. So its been rough. But countless vegetarian wraps and plates of plain rice later, I finally had the ham omelet at the temple this morning. So that was an amazing experience haha. However, in my lesson with another investigator yesterday, we told him we'd give up speaking English for 1 week if he obeyed the Word of Wisdom. So yeah it's been a super fun 24 hours and I'm really looking forward to these next 5 days of pure Chinese. 

But another little trial this past week was on Monday, my Canadian friends, Elder Alvarenga and Elder Laplant left to the France Lyon and Paris France missions respectively. So that was quite the sad experience. But I guess it just means I'm that much closer to leaving to Taiwan. 

Last night our special guest was Elder Nattress of the Seventy. He spoke in this last conference. But last night he spoke a lot about what Jesus Christ is to us and what we think of him. It was really nice and not something I really thought about until he asked the question: "What ye think of Christ?" (Matthew 22:42). After asking this question he told us to think of a scripture that best conveys what we individually think of Christ. And the first scripture that came to mind was John 15. It was actually the first scripture that really popped out to me in my personal study while here in the MTC. I really really love this chapter. It really conveys Christ's love for his disciples and the relationship we have with him as we do his work. 

But anyways, the MTC is still great. The Spirit is still strong.

艾長老
(Elder Erickson)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

家可以成人間天堂

Well 天母 is a pretty great place

Sweet note from Sister Ni